Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday, June 18, 2010 - Just a quick word

Nation...I wanted to post just so all know I am still alive. My boss has hired a new work comp person to replace my longtime friend and coworker, who sent a resignation letter mid-March, the morning after I begged her via telephone to reconsider. My mom always told me to never quit a job unless you've got another one to go to. I haven't always followed that advice, and when those times occurred, I was not better for it.

My new coworker is very young (25), quite a switch for me. And she works with me in NJ, not in faraway MN-CO-CA (where my former moved to and back in 8 years). I never realized how much I could appreciate the company of a coworker; my new little friend is just so bright, she grasps our processes very quickly and has tons of ideas to where she'd like to lead our safety and comp programs. I just value her so much - she is so funny, and lots of fun. We joke that between the 2 of us, we make 1 good employee!

All else is well; I started a good home practice and now will be trying to work cardio in as well.

I was worried that I was falling off the edge of the knife last weekend, so depressed, I slept for about 18 hours on Saturday and then took Monday off. Episode passed and was so busy the rest of this past week I had NO TIME to feel anything but busy - for me that's a plus!

TTFN

No comments: