Wednesday, August 6, 2008

August 1, 2008 Decision To Go GRAY


Hi, my name is Jackie and I've made a decision: I will never color my hair again.

I'll be 50 at the end of this year, and I've started going through some mental, emotional, and physical crap lately: my love of working out has vanished (I've been known to bolt from the room just as the instructor is arriving); I snap at my husband and daughter for minor or petty things; I can hardly watch the news anymore (can we even call that network drivel news??) because the absolute evil and lack of compassion in this world makes me so sad.

On top of all this: the state of the economy has forced my husband's area of business to cut back on projects, so he's lucky to be working as most of his peers are out of work presently. With that fact always on my mind, along with keeping our daughter in college, and staying just one step ahead of the mortgage payments, there's not much money to go around. So I have decided to cut back and perform a little "un-spending": cancel the gym membership I've not used in 6 months, I've already gone through withdrawal from Starbucks, and now my bi-monthly coloring and highlights (at a cost of $194) will go the way of the dinosaur.

If I can figure out how to upload pictures of the process, I will do that.

No comments: