Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - countdown to Christmas

Nation - I can't believe it's been almost 3 weeks since my last entry. I have been reading the most fascinating and gripping series of books into which I have ever had the intense pleasure of delving. "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon is a series of 6 books (soon to be 7 in Spring 2009) about a nurse from 1947 who, through no fault of her own, falls through a circle of standing stones in Inverness, Scotland and back in time to 1743 just prior to the Rising, when Charles Stuart attempted to bloody force his way back onto the throne. It's a "historic romance" I like to say, as it can be found factual from a historic standpoint, there is plenty of extremely descriptive sex between this lady and her eternal love, who she lovingly refers to as her "wooly mammoth". The SIL and her husband turned me on to these books in September, but I didn't start reading til almost Halloween, but haven't stopped since!! I'm on #5!

Back to the original idea behind my blog - Graying Gracefully. Here is me today (ignore my crepe-y neck):
Now it seems my hair isn't growing nearly as quickly as it did when it was longer. I so want the yellow blond out; now it's taking forever. People who have seen me in both styles love the shorter cut - telling me I'm brave. Hope that's not a euphanism for ugly.

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

i like it short. I somehow doubt these folks who are telling u that you're brave are secretly saying it looks like crap! Silly! When you go thru life with your hair long and suddenly hack it all off in a big way.. it does take courage. I did it many years ago...and never regretted it. You shouldn't either.. It's easy to take care of short ..and you can play around w/styling products that you otherwise could not have. See? Fun!!!!! As for the color... why not just dye it back to a color closest to your own natural color? yes? no? just a thought. ~~ Happy Holidays~~