Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday, November 22, 2008 - Yoga (again) and Holiday Plans

Nation...I fought every nerve ending in my desperately-resistant, freakishly-misshapen body and performed a 20-min practice this morning and then, after hitting the local shopping highway, I actually performed a repeat session of the same practice! Let me tell you: 5 minutes in to the first session I was ready to cry about what I've been doing to myself and quit. My knees and shins hurt so badly, I couldn't tell from where the pain was coming. I'm so out of practice, I could barely sit on my heels; and forget about crawling forward from that seated "Hero's Pose" into a great resting "Child's Pose" - my heels and my butt were between 4-6" apart. In the correct form, the butt cheeks touch the heels. Terrible form!

But I endured. I was sweating, grunting, finally cursing (my favorite) my way through the 20-minute vinyasa (flowing) session. I can hardly believe that I was practicing Bikram this past summer for 90-minutes per session 2-3 times per week. Why did I ever stop working out?? What a fucking idiot I am.

Got a really busy week: I must start packing Monday, so I can bake Tuesday and have my regular nail appointment. Wednesday is a half-day at work, followed by a haircut, then out for a surprise comedy show (I'm treating my husband, daughter and the boyfriend) in the city. We'll be heading north to the family compound (yes, I'll be seeing a post-election Propagrampa), actually driving on Thanksgiving morning. This is the first holiday in like 20 years that I won't be cooking. Oh yeah, babe! I will be baking two Pumpkin Roulades (like a jelly roll with a ginger/nutmeg filling) and bringing those for a dessert option.

If I don't write this week, it'll only be because I just didn't have the time. Have a Happy Thanksgiving, no matter where you are spending it.

No comments: