Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday, November 20, 2008 - All the good doctors are dead

Had the appointment with the new endocrinologist last Saturday. It went ok I guess. I found out that the dosage of thyroid meds the primary prescribed me is used as a "placebo." Gee, thanks for taking me seriously, you prick! I cried when the endo told me the amount of medicine is gone before it even hits my stomach, and also that level of meds will do nothing for weight loss. She wants me to keep a food journal; I don't need to actually read (and therefore face) the amount of garbage I am eating.

She did, however, send me for a full battery of blood tests. I had those done this morning after fasting from last night. (I figured I deserved a nice Starbucks White Mocha for all that suffering.)
She also mentioned that my thyroid felt odd (under manipulation) so she wants me to have an ultrasound, but I forgot to mention the prescription before I left the office. She is actually in the process of moving from one office space to another across the street from the current location, so I better get the Rx now so we can discuss at my next visit on Dec 13.

I wish I was thin again, but I don't want to do all the cardio. I don't even want to do some cardio.

Work is good. I'm about to start overseeing a new driver safety program for my company's 1,780 drivers. I was devastated last January when my boss removed workers compensation from my realm of duty, and had me focus strictly on auto. But now I'm really glad; I work much better with figures than I do with people. Probably because I don't really care about the general public. It's a weird thing: I'm not really a dick, but unless I know you one on one, I really don't care to listen to your crap.

Plus nobody is as funny as me. (ha!)

No comments: