Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday, November 3, 2008 - Take This Job and SHOVE IT!

Oh, Nation...who among us can truly say they love their job/career? How great is it to be doing the work you love and actually get paid to do it? I think jobs like that are few, however, I have been somewhat fortunate that the positions I have held, I may not have actually loved, but I seemed to perform the duties very well, and my managers all were happy throughout these past years.

My current manager seems to be going through some kind of crap in her life, and has been such since probably the start of this year. I thought my moods with menopause were unpredictable, but this woman (aged 40) is like a roller coaster, and I'm too old for this type of ride! First in January she cut 1/2 my duties and said she wanted me to focus on the duties where my strengths were (so she didn't have to write 'needs improvement' on my appraisals! <-yes, she actually said those very words.) Then, after knowing I was a regular lunchtime gym-goer for a year prior (she even asked me about classes), she decided in April that I was taking advantage of her and told me I was no longer allowed to go to hour-long classes at lunch; my lunch was 45 mins and I was to keep that time.

Most recently, with the onset of the arm injury, I went to my follow-up appt at lunch time last week, and she complained to me that I didn't tell her about the appt (she was not in the office all week and travelling), said I was again taking advantage, and that she felt she couldn't maintain a level of trust with me. (yes again those were exact words)

Well...first of all, Nation, I really don't care about trust. You cannot make someone feel trust for you, no matter how you perform; that comes from within them. What you can do, however, is try very hard not to laugh in their face when it is obvious they are trying to upset you. Which is the route that I took in this case. My husband has a problem with my marital fidelity (I have never strayed in 22 years), so for my boss not to trust me, is so a joke to me. As Tommy Lee Jones said to Harrison Ford's statement of innocence in the death of his wife in 'The Fugitive': I don't care.

I have been scoping out the insurance field in online job searches, just to see what's out there.

I got a nice compliment from a wonderful lady with whom I have done Pilates for years; she said I looked like I had lost weight since I saw her last (about 3 weeks ago). I think I have lost 7 pounds, but I feel it's due to my continuation of the thyroid meds against my doctor's orders.
I do feel somewhat better, too. I'm sure I've said this already: I need a new doctor.

Got some hair gel for the 'do. I'm so out of practice with all things beauty-based.

How was everyone's Halloween? My front porch was SOOOOOO scary, I had 2 kids who cried and wouldn't come up (I had to bring the candy down to the street). Most everyone loved it: parents were taking photos of their kids next to my very scary SAW puppet, Billy, on his little red tricycle. I had a soundtrack of kids screaming in horror, dogs howling, banshees wailing, my foggers were dispensing low-lying terror clouds throughout the neighborhood depending on the breeze at the time. A good time was had by all.

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

Frightening little children are you now? Damn, Jackie O! Can you post a picture of your Halloween deco's on here for all to see? Sounds like you did it up really cool! Admit it.. you got a kick out of the screaming toddlers, I know you did!! HA! (just kidding)
Oh.. do tell what hair products you have purchased and if you've been playing around with different styles, etc...and how it's coming along. Scarlett wants to hear all!
:-)

Scarlett said...

HAPPY ELECTION DAY!!
OBAMA, BABY, 0BAMA!!!!!!!!!!!