Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday, October 17, 2008 - Another Haircut??

Nation: so much is happening in our world...First, of critical importance - Joe the Plumber has single-handedly put the election in Obama's lap. Had McCain NOT tried to one-up his opponent, the media wouldn't have "vetted" this poor guy from Ohio - only to broadcast on television that allegedly he's not a licensed plumber, nor allegedly is he up to date with his tax payments to the state of Ohio. I am sure he no doubt regrets ever going to an Obama rally to complain about his business situation, which by the way would benefit from an Obama tax solution.

Second, I am receiving physical therapy on my elbow. I hurt it at work from this damn constant 'mousing' for accounting reports that always need to be tweaked: cut a column here, paste a row there. Day by day, year by year, century after century we labored in the Egyptian brick pits of Ramses II...oh wait, that's The Ten Commandments. BONUS points if you can name the actor who exotically portrayed the prince turned pharaoh. NO GOOGLING!! (giveaway hint: he was also a dancing ruler in another film). Back to my PT: my arm hurts like hell. It hurts to write, drive, brush my teeth, brush my hair. I can't push or pull a door, twist open a cap, or shift the car. I keep it tightly wrapped when working, but it's really starting to annoy me. The PT is cold packs administered with electro-stimulation. I was thinking "hmm, water plus electricity...this could be an issue." My dad was a licensed union electrician - I know a few things. But the therapist assured me this is widely regarded in western medicine. So they hooked me up and flipped the switch. I'm still here, so I guess it works in practice, but in theory it is madness.

Third, MY HAIR is gay. I cannot do a damn thing with it, it looks awful, and I have to attend a 3-day "team management meeting" with my boss and the rest of our department. We have members in a couple of states and the UK so after we go on a site visit to our NJ warehouse, we'll be going to dinner somewhere on the waterfront. (<-another movie reference) Anyway my hair is completely unprofessional and hardly presentable for strangers in public at an expensive restaurant. May have to drop by the hairdresser and have more cut off. Then hope the new look either lasts through the meetings, or is easy enough for me to maintain. That seems to be the tipping point - ease of maintenance.

Fourth and finally - the fatness. I cannot close the waistbands of the largest pants I own, so I just zip and wear a big-ass shirt over the pants. I'm like George Costanza in sweatpants - I've given up.

More to follow after either the hair or the meeting.

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

did you MEAN to write that your hair is "gay"? Or was it supposed to say "Gray"? Just curious. Oh.. and if not a typo, what is "gay" hair .. exactly..umm...on you? (ha ha ha) (sorry.. just couldn't resist!) :-)