Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday, October 3, 2008 - Update on the Issues

Nation...you all know the situation between myself and Propagrampa is tenuous at best; I believe that he felt I was trying to warn him about his criminal activities out of worry for him, while it was actually more of a self-supporting need for schadenfreude. I was quite disappointed when I did not get the argumentative rise from him that I was anticipating.

Well just after you spend 100 years with someone and think you cannot learn anymore, they turn around and surprise you. On Wednesday, a birthday card arrived from Propagrampa for my daughter. With the card came (of course) more propaganda for me, but also a little cartoon drawing of an old man behind bars in jail. He included a note: "Jacqueline - is this good enough for jail?" or something to that effect. I couldn't believe it! He listened! The receipt of that cartoon moved something long buried in me - joy from the contact with another person. Who would have thought it would come from Propagrampa?

I'll scan the drawing and post it Monday for you all.

When my daughter was growing up, she would often complain about the meanness of others or how another kid was dumb, or whatever. I told her, "Everyone has something positive to offer. You just have to give them a chance." I guess the FIL proved my own point to me.

No comments: