Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday, October 5, 2008 - Mommy & Me Spa Day!

Greetings Nation.
I'm not feeling that great today, although I did manage to get laid yesterday. Changes in libido seem to be a perimenopausal issue as well as all the other crap; 1 year ago my husband was telling me "not tonight, I don't feel good"; I couldn't get enough. Now my situation is almost 180 degree turn. I don't like this, and I must admit, I'm not feeling as sexy as I felt 50 pounds ago.

As a belated birthday gift for my daughter, I am taking her to upstate NY to a great spa for an overnight trip - just she and I. My husband's friend has graciously donated his mountain rental condo for a freebie stay, so we'll be there for 2 nights. All day at the spa on Friday - scheduled luxuries: cranial massage, amber body polish, spa lunch, full body aromatherapy massages for two! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I love spending time with my daughter as she is quickly growing up away from me.

Notes on my beloved child: never could there be a more perfect flower than my baby girl. With her faults and troubles, I'd never choose another. She's my one and only - truly the only reason I was ever born. She's everything I'm not, and all that I could aspire to be.

She's a senior in college, due to graduate in December 2008. She's made the Dean's List for the 3rd time in 4 years, and this time has been invited to the dinner. I'm going, too! Yay for me!

She has been published; her freshman year essay, "The Art of Growing Up" is part of the permanent collection in her college's library. She was nominated for a second publication in junior year, but didn't make it. Doesn't matter: her professor felt her worthy of the nomination.

After graduation, she'll be applying to (and hopefully accepted at) a local graduate school to master in School Psychology. She's had some very influential school staffers in her educational life and this is a good fit for her. She'll have come full circle with her life and be ready to start another chapter.

She has her father's look, however, anything having to do with me lays beneath the surface: she's the funniest person I've ever known (myself included) as she uses intelligence with her humor. She's dry, dark, and hysterically observant.

When I talk about her, I never search for adjectives or trip over my tongue. I'm not looking forward to the empty nest which will surely come one day. I'll have to talk to the husband all the time; who is he, anyway?

Seems anti-climactic to end here, but I can sum my relationship up in 4 words: She's all I have.

No comments: