Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday, September 5, 2008 - outside interests

Hey. I was supposed to take part in a 2-day workshop in Woodstock, NY this weekend, but it was cancelled due to lack of interest! Sadly, that speaks volumes about me; the stuff I'm interested in doing doesn't attract a lot of people! Actually, it was a 16-hour workshop in the application of Thai Yoga Massage and was scheduled to be given by Jyothi Watanabe from the Lotus Palm School in Montreal. I was really looking forward to it, but they cancelled as 10 participants were needed and, after advertising for over 2 months, only 6 signed up. My husband suggested that most people, despite their desire to go, just don't have the extra cash to do something like this. I guess.

Imagine my happy surprise when I found a 3-hour intro to the same Thai Yoga Massage being given in NYC for 1/4 the cost. Very happy! It's even featuring the same instructor.

With any luck, I won't hurt anyone.

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

hey!! I didn't know that you ended up finding an alternate to the Woodstock class that got canceled!! See, the universe IS one with you afterall! *wink*
btw..i knew it was a yoga class you were signing up for, but did not realize it focused on massage tehcnique. I would like to hear more about it, before and after you take it. Of all the things I have tried for relief from the fibromyalgia pain i suffer from, Massage therapy has been by far the most helpful/successful.
Keep me informed please and congrats on finding another class! GO GRACEFUL!