Friday, September 19, 2008

Title-Free - Friday, September 19, 2008

Greetings Nation.

I have been blindsided this afternoon with a crippling wave of depression. As I sit here looking at a coffee table that needs to be cleared of clutter and empty snack bags, I just burst into tears.
I tell you that I was fine at 3PM. I have actually been using my cross trainer (elliptical) 4 times in the last 5 days, I walked at lunchtime with my 2 very young and very pregnant co-workers, and have been really eating well.

Today I weighed myself and in 2 weeks have gained 5 pounds. I seriously don't know how much more I can take of this mental instability. I don't like the fact that my insanity comes and goes, because the good doesn't stay long enough to build a life upon.

I'm so concerned about the economy, I think I'm becoming physically ill. It's painful to watch any network coverage because all they scream is sensationalism. I've been pretty faithful to CNN; they seem to be more my speed in that when they introduce a story, they give it more than a 15-second sound bite before moving on to the traffic and weather. They take the time to explain it;s beginnings and where it's gone today.

Before I fell back into the vast abyss, I did manage to do something rather hilarious I think as it's outcome will truly be of immensurable entertainment value to me. My father-in-law, also known as PropaGrampa, is a maniacal republican. I gave him the name PropaGrampa because he cuts-n-pastes out of context paragraphs from horrible right-wing magazines, then copies pages and pages of the republican propaganda, stuffs it into about 15 (at least) manila envelopes, and fills my mailbox with enough crap to cause a work comp claim for my dear letter carrier. I get packets twice a week. The man is insane; he purchased a copier from Staples because the library was charging him 8 cents per page. So he spent at least $200 (probably more since it has fax capability - god help me) and is running his machine round the clock.

I told you that story to tell you this one: I signed him up for an Obama for President button and lots of literature to be sent to him in the next 7 weeks before the election. How you like me now?
I can't wait to see him at the next family function to watch his 85-year-old face just grimace from not knowing where it's all coming from.

So my hair is horrible, I'm fat, I'm old, but I am trying to maintain my sense of humor.

1 comment:

Liz Feuerbach said...

HAHA, loved this entry! I'd pay large sums of cash to see PropaGrampa's face turn bright red when he opens his mailbox.